What is European Finishing?
European Finishing or as it is also known "Tensioning" is a revolutionary dry cleaning equipment process where the garments are dressed three-dimensionally for a finer quality and better finished garments, while conserving energy and ensuring fabric longevity.
The 5 stage process consists of:
- Dressing the Machine – might seem a little strange, but we "put your clothes on" before you do, well almost. During the dressing stage the operator places the garment on the machines 3-Dimensional form (there are different machines / forms for each type of garment: Pant, Jackets, Blouses, ect). Ensuring that the garment is secure and ready for the following steps, the operator selects the correct finishing option depending on fabric type.
- Steam Bath – Garments are then gently steamed for 10 to 30 seconds depending on the type of fabric, this gentle process allows for any wrinkles or lines to soften and the garments fibers to "open" to their relaxed state.
- Time for a little Tension – with the garments fibers relaxed, just the right amount of computer controlled tension is placed on the garments at critical points so the original shape of the garment and its fibers are achieved
- Blow Out – This process is like going to the salon, the garment steamed and formed is now ready for air drying. During this final stage on the machine the garment has warm air blown over it to ensure the garment holds its shape while still keeping the garments "pores" open (as opposed to traditional "PRESSING" which smashes your delicate fibers together in between hot plates of metal!)
- Touch up with a Cool Iron – some items still need a little touch up (like linings and pockets) so the operator uses a cool iron to complete the perfect finish.
Sure this process takes a little longer, but the result is stunning, from perfect rolled lapels to the perfect "pressed" pants, this method is the perfect way for your garments to finish their individual cleaning and care process, and never again will you send those "Shiny Suit Pants" back from the cleaners.